Tuesday 18 May 2010

To Boldly Go Where Many Men Have Gone Before

Somewhere, floating out in the depths of lawless nulsec, lies the answer to a question that has long been nagging me as I sit, reducing asteroids to sweet, invisible rubble... what in the hell is going on out there?

I've never really spent any time trawling the underbelly of the galaxy in my short time playing EVE, but my few brief forays have taught me one thing: Don't set an autopilot to 0.0 and then pop off to make a bolognase.

Armed with this formidable reserve of knowledge and cunning, I have decided to see for myself the wonders of living life on the edge, sending myself out unwitting into the wilderness armed with naught but a shuttle, and 1m cash, and the solemn vow to never return to Empire space again.

At this point, things might be looking a little familiar... it is true, my journey has been inspired by reading the 'Historical Documents', the possibly holy writings of the unreplacable INNOMINATE NIGHTMARE 

The word unreplaceable is important. I don't aim to follow in his footsteps, that path has been well trod. And I don't intend to seek out his shuttle, bravely drifting between the stars, to ask him if he ever found the Viking Gods or had a showdown with Emilio. But I am setting out with his same spirit of adventure, permanently neutral stance, and complete lack of preparation. And so, without further ado or conjunctions starting sentences, I present to you:

Eponymous n00b


Rugged, handsome looking fellow isn't he? Not sure whether you want to snuggle up next to the fire place or file for a restraining order, right? And the hint of a smile shows that he's either friendly, or has the corpses of twenty bunnies buried under the porch.

Here's how it looked when he first entered the world, and purchased his faithful shuttle, the good ship 'Hi! Nice to meet you'. (First impressions are important.)

As you may have noticed, my very scientific destination decision-making process of waving the mouse on the map with my eyes closed had landed me on the alluringly named BWF-ZZ system. So, destination set, hopes high, and booze in hand, I undocked and embarked on my voyage. I hope you'll join me as I unravel the mysteries of 0.0, and inevitably explode on various exciting occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment